Algorithm Design Course Materials 2013
Course Project Subject
- Choose an arbitrary problem to which algorithms introduced in
this course is applicable.
- Choose sets of input data for performance evaluation.
- Write programs using two or more algorithms to the problem, and
compare their performances
- Compare naive and more sophisticated algorithms
- Compare results on multiple sets of data, differing in their
sizes and/or natures
Your report should include the following.
- Description of the problem
- Description of two or more algorithms triedOne may be a na«Įve
- Summary of data used for performance evaluation
- Performance results
- Reasoning of differences (or similarities) of the performance
Submitting Your Reports
Send your reports via email to the following address.
/ School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo
- The Subject should include the course title ”ČAlgorithm Design”É
- Either in English or in Japanese
- Write your name, lab, department and student ID number at the top
of the email text
- The report should be attached to the email; Its format should be
PDF, RTF, or MS-word.
- Graphs to show performances recommended
- Deadline: Feb 10th, 9:00 PM JST