Akiko Eriguchi (江里口瑛子) is a Project Academic Support Specialist (as a part-time researcher) at Tsuruoka Laboratory,
the University of Tokyo.
She received Ph.D. (Engineering) from the University of Tokyo in 2018, and M.S. and B.S. from Ochanomizu University in 2013 and 2015, respectively. She was a Research Fellow (DC1) of JSPS in 2015-2018.
E-mail: eriguchi [.at.] logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Natural Language Processing
- - Neural Machine Translation (NMT)
- - (Mono/Multi-lingual) text classification
- - Neural Networks
- - Topic model
- - Graph-based semi-supervised learning
Employment / Academic Experience
- Software Engineering in Research Internship, Translate team, Google Japan, Japan. February 2018–April 2018.
Host: Melvin Johnson and Hideto Kazawa.
- Research Fellow of JSPS (DC1), Japan. April, 2015–March, 2018
- Software Engineering in Research Internship, PhD 2017, Translate team, Google Mountain View, the USA. August 2017–November 2017.
Host: Melvin Johnson and Wolfgang Macherey.
- Research Intern; Visiting graduate student at Kyunghyun Cho, New York University, the USA. August, 2016–November, 2016.
- Teaching assistant in Software II (C programming course). November, 2015–December, 2015.
- Teaching assistant in Linear Algebra, C, Python programming course (intermittently). April, 2013–February, 2015.
- Visiting graduate student at DFKI and Saaland University, Germany. August, 2013–September, 2013.
- Part-time engineer at the Preferred Infrastructure Inc., Japan. February, 2014–November, 2014.
- ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (TALLIP), 2017.
- Journal of Natural Language Processing, 2018.
Program Committee Member / Reviewer
- Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2018.
- Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies (NAACL), 2018.
- International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP), 2017.
- Conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2018. (Secondary reviewer)
- Conference on Empirical methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2016. (Secondary eviewer)
Awards, Honors and Grants
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI Grant) from JSPS. April, 2015–March, 2018.
- The young researcher award of the 22nd annual meeting of the association for natural language processing. March, 2016.
- Full exemption from JASSO scholarship refund for excellent students. April, 2013–March, 2015.
- Master 21 scholarship from Yoshida Scholarship Foundation. April, 2013–March, 2015.
- Short-term Grants from German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). August, 2013–September, 2013.
- Travel Grants from ACL 2013 Student Research Workshop. August, 2013.
- Ochanomizu University Oinkai Research Award, Ochanomizu University. May, 2013.
- Ochanomizu University Best Achievement Award (top 2%), Ochanomizu University. December, 2012.
- Grants for General Highest Achievers (top 4%), Ochanomizu University. May, 2011.
- Japanese tea ceremony
- One of my favorite Zen words is 百花春至為誰開 (When spring comes, for whom do hundreds of flowers and blossoms bloom?).
- Igo (beginner)