Akiko Eriguchi (江里口瑛子) is a Ph.D student at Tsuruoka Laboratory,
graduate school of Engineering, the University of Tokyo. She is also a Research Fellow (DC1) of JSPS.
She received B.S. and M.S. from Ochanomizu University in 2013 and 2015, respectively.
E-mail: eriguchi [.at.] logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Natural Language Processing
- - Neural Machine Translation (NMT)
- - Multi-lingual text mining
- - Text classification
- - Neural Networks
- - Topic model
- - Graph-based semi-supervised learning
Employment / Academic Experience
- Software Engineering in Research Internship, Translate team, Google Japan, Japan February 2018–April 2018.
Host: Melvin Johnson and Hideto Kazawa.
- April, 2015–March, 2018
Research Fellow of JSPS (DC1), Japan.
- Software Engineering in Research Internship, PhD 2017, Translate team, Google Mountain View, the USA. August 2017–November 2017.
Host: Melvin Johnson and Wolfgang Macherey.
- Research Intern; Visiting graduate student at Kyunghyun Cho, New York University, the USA. August, 2016–November, 2016.
- Teaching assistant in Software II (C programming course). November, 2015–December, 2015.
- Teaching assistant in Linear Algebra, C, Python programming course (intermittently). April, 2013–February, 2015.
- Visiting graduate student at DFKI and Saaland University, Germany. August, 2013–September, 2013.
- Part-time engineer at the Preferred Infrastructure Inc., Japan. February, 2014–November, 2014.
- ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (TALLIP), 2017
Program Committee Member / Reviewer
- Conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2018. (Secondary reviewer)
- Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2018.
- Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies (NAACL), 2018.
- International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP), 2017.
- Conference on Empirical methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), 2016. (Secondary eviewer)
Awards, Honors and Grants
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI Grant) from JSPS. April, 2015–March, 2018.
- The young researcher award of the 22nd annual meeting of the association for natural language processing. March, 2016.
- Full exemption from JASSO scholarship refund for excellent students. April, 2013–March, 2015.
- Master 21 scholarship from Yoshida Scholarship Foundation. April, 2013–March, 2015.
- Short-term Grants from German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). August, 2013–September, 2013.
- Travel Grants from ACL 2013 Student Research Workshop. August, 2013.
- Ochanomizu University Oinkai Research Award, Ochanomizu University. May, 2013.
- Ochanomizu University Best Achievement Award (top 2%), Ochanomizu University. December, 2012.
- Grants for General Highest Achievers (top 4%), Ochanomizu University. May, 2011.
- Japanese tea ceremony
- One of my favorite Zen words is 百花春至為誰開 (When spring comes, for whom do hundreds of flowers and blossoms bloom?).
- Igo (beginner)
- Shoe polishing